FAQs - GreenTech Connect - Networking
What is Matchmaking
Our advanced AI-powered matchmaking platform uses natural language processing, advanced algorithms and deep neural networks to constantly learn about your professional goals and interests. It takes the work out of networking through intelligent matchmaking – making it more fun and giving you a higher return on your time.
What is the difference between 'showing interest' and requesting a meeting?
If two users show interest in each other, they are able to chat with each other. If there is mutual interest, the person will appear under 'My connections'. You can then click the 'Chat' button to open a chat window. Requesting a meeting is scheduling a location and time for a meeting (offline or online) with a connection. This can be done via the 'request a meeting' button.
What are the benefits?
The GreenTech Connect Platform allows you to network with other attendees and exhibitors, arrange meetings and identify potential business contacts.
How do I find networking opportunities?
The GreenTech Connect Platform uses natural language processing and advanced algorithms to recommend networking opportunities. Alternatively, you can search for attendees/exhibitors directly or use the filters to find the right profile you’re looking to meet.
How do I request a meeting?
First, find the person you’d like to meet and click on their name to view their profile page, you’ll be able to mark them as ‘interested’ or send a meeting request directly.
Where will my meetings take place?
You could meet each other at the GreenTech Matchmaking area or you can specify somewhere else in the personal message area
Can I add meetings to my calendar?
When a meeting request is accepted it will send a calendar invite to your email address.
What details of mine are displayed in the platform?
The GreenTech Connect Platform will display your professional information including name, job title and company. Information such as telephone number, email address or mail address will be displayed based on your profile settings (private, connections only or public).
How do I access a virtual meeting room?
- Log in on the web platform or mobile app;
- Once the meeting is accepted, the Virtual Meeting Room button will appear (if it’s pending or cancelled the Virtual Room won’t be available);
- The Virtual Meeting Room button will be clickable 5 mins before the scheduled call;
- Once you click on the Virtual Meeting Room button you’ll be directed to your virtual meeting room;
- You can go in and out of the Virtual Meeting Room within your scheduled meeting time, however, once the meeting time has expired you won’t be able to access your Virtual Meeting Room;
- Meeting duration is not limited;
- You’ll be able to share your screen, however, you will be unable to record your meeting.
How do I update my profile?
If you log in to our GreenTech Connect Platform for the first time, a pop-up window will take you through a few steps to set-up your profile, make sure to go through each step and fill out the appropriate information.
If you already are connected to our GreenTech Connect Platform and you would like to update your information, click on the profile icon in the upper right corner. You can add here a profile picture and fill in/adjust the answers on the profile questions.
How can I add an additional person to a meeting?
You are able to create meetings with multiple participants. There are two ways of creating such meetings:
- Send a new meeting request to multiple users;
- Invite additional participants to already created meeting.
Requesting a new multi-user meeting
- Open the profile page of a user you wish to have a meeting with.
- On the "Request a meeting" option, the user will see the 'Add more' button displayed under the 'Invitees' field.