Amsterdam, 31 May – The programme of GreenTech Amsterdam, from 14 – 16 June at RAI Amsterdam, has been supplemented by new highlights such as ‘The future of growing fossil free’, ‘Smart cities’ and ‘The basic principles of plant health’. The new day-to-day highlights are presented below.
- Tuesday 14 June 14.30 – 15.15 hrs: ‘The future of growing fossil free. Different options highlighted’. With Koen Smeekens (TNO), Martin van der Hout (Geothermal Association), Pip Tesselaar (Tesselaar Freesia) and Marco Mol (Mol Freesia) about ‘Thermal solar energy’ and Niki Bennett (Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Grower) about ‘Opportunities for wind energy’.
- Wednesday 15 June 12.00 – 12.45 hrs: ‘Data-driven supply chain optimization from field to fork’ with Joep van den Bosch (Ridder), Toby Wright (Tomato nursery Tom D’aqui) and Steven Martina (The Greenery).
- Thursday 16 June 13.00 – 13.45 hrs: 'Climate Smart City Investors Forum' with Tiffany Tsui (Vertical Farm Institute) as moderator and Gregor Keck (DIE AG), Ranko Bozovic (EU Polis Project of Belgrade City – project frontrunner cities of Horizon 2020), Daniel Podmirseg (Vertical Farm Institute GmbH), Dick Veerman (Foodlog) and Mariska Dreschler (GreenTech).
- Tuesday 14 June 11.45 – 12.30 hrs: ‘Plant Health (part 1) – The basic principles’ with Ard Reijtenbagh (Soilwise) about ‘How to improve your soil’ and Wim Grootscholten (Rijk Zwaan) about ‘Genetics and how to create resilient plants in the breeding process’.
- Tuesday 14 June 12.30 – 13.15 hrs: ‘Plant Health (part 2) – New developments in biological crop protection’ with Sanae Mouden (Wageningen University & Research), Arne van Aalst (Koppert) on ‘Creating resilient crops’ and Bram Tijmons (PATS Indoor Drone Solutions).
- Wednesday 15 June 11.00 – 11.45 hrs: ‘Footprinting as a tool to improve sustainability’ with Winny van Heijningen (LetsGrow. com), Martine Holtkamp (MPS) and Elise Wieringa (Royal Lemkes).
- Tuesday 14 June 15.30 – 16.15 hrs: ‘Data driven horticulture: collecting and interpreting data, how much is enough?' with Theo Tekstra (Fluence by OSRAM), Rick van de Zedde (Wageningen University & Research) about ‘Data collection and management’ and Javier Lomas (Sigrow) about ‘Sensor data collection and interpretation’.
- Tuesday 14 June 14.00 – 14.45 hrs: ‘Water treatment & management’ with Tommaso Barbagli (Wageningen University & Research) about trends in water. Mark van Boxtel (VitalFluid) about ‘Plasma applications’ and Ivan Casteels (Roam Technology) about ‘Circularity and closed water systems’. This session is moderated by Annette Bos (Aquatech, RAI Amsterdam).
- Thursday 16 June 13.15 – 14.00 hrs: ‘How do you use AI and data to solve workforce shortages?’ with Allison Kopf (IUNU) about ‘Digital twins, Precision Horticulture and Artificial Intelligence’, Jesper Mazanti Aaslyng (HortiAdvice) and Kenneth Tran (Koidra) about ‘Doing more with less’.
Vertical & Indoor Farming (partners: FarmTech Society, Indoor Farming Netherlands and Agritecture) & Medicinal Cannabis Theatre (partner: Cultivators):
- Tuesday 14 June 11.45 – 12.30 hrs: ‘Medicinal Cannabis: Post harvest cannabis’ with Nick Abbingh (Cannabis-drying), Manual Baroja and Joao Pizarro Barral (Schur Star Systems Europe).
- Tuesday 14 June 14.45 – 15.30 hrs: ‘Vertical Farming: a game changer in produce?’ with Tisha Livingston (Infinite Acres), Bauke van Lenteren (Rijk Zwaan) and Hannah Brown (Organifarms).
- Wednesday 15 June 15.30 – 16.15 hrs: ‘Medicinal Cannabis: Cannabis ingredients’ with Bart Jansen (Brightlabs), Ben Niehaus (SpexAI) and Isabelle Francois (Chromisa Scientific). This session is moderated by Sonny Moerenhout (Cultivators).
An overview of the three-day programme of GreenTech Amsterdam can be found here.
GreenTech receives a lot of support from the industry. Check out the long list of companies here who will be exhibiting at the show. We also welcome our thought leaders namely PRIVA, BASF vegetable seeds business, Rijk Zwaan, Plant Empowerment, Fluence by OSRAM, Kubo Greenhouse Projects, Ridder, Samsung Semiconductor, Schur Star Systems/ Ishida.
Free registration for GreenTech Amsterdam until 6 June
Visitors can register free of charge on www.greentech.nl. Between 6 - 13 June, visitors pay the registration fee of €69.99 including VAT per person. At the door during the show on 14, 15 and 16 June, the fee will be €99.99.