What does the world look like in 2028?
The Next Leadership
Stijn Baan, Koppert Cress, and Martin Koppert, Koppert Biological Systems, will share their vision on the next decade in a short keynote, focussing on resilient growing systems and new leadership.
Greenhouse Technology: Collaborate, Educate, Innovate
Mike Vermeij, CEO of BOM Group, will share - on behalf of the horticulture sector- his vision on collaboration and innovation in the Green Technology Industry. Mike will focus on the opportunities to realise better food security in challenging conditions, including megacities and arid regions.
Science & Research
Ernst van den Ende (Wageningen University & Research) will share his vision on what the focus areas of research are, where innovation and change can be expected and where we will be in 10 years.
More speakers will be announced shortly, stay tuned!
Delegates can choose 2 out of 3 breakout sessions that provide deeper insights, broader perspectives and focussed networks.
A. The Next Leadership
Who are the next leaders in horticulture and how will they collaborate? How can we help each other in our efforts to face the next challenge? And how can we join forces to face our shared challenges in international growth, sustainable production and innovation?
B. The Next Crops: Medicinal and Nutraceutical Crops
How do new crops like Cannabis contribute to the “Greenhouse Pharmacy” vision? What are the opportunities and risks involved in making the change to growing medicinal crops?
C. The Next Growing Solutions
Light, water, energy and nutrients are the growing essentials. How do innovations in glass, renewable energy, water purification, nutrient recycling, biomass, and biology contribute affect our growing solutions?
The Next Big Wave of Change in (Green) Technology: Christian Kromme
Christian Kromme, Author of ‘Humanification’ will help us to unlock the DNA of innovation itself, to apply in our (horticulture) business, our community and our life. Imagine being able to spot the next big trend or being able to predict the next big wave of change. Imagine having a code that gives you the power to invent, predict or harness the next big technology.
The GreenTech Summit includes a lunch. To close the day, delegates and speakers will be invited for a drink. See you in Amsterdam!
Interested in sponsoring the GreenTech Summit?
Ernst van den Ende
The future of horticulture in one day
As a delegate you will get insights for the next decade
- Research’s contribution to increased efficiency and innovation in horticulture. What scientific break-through discoveries are foreseen for the next 10 years?
- Entrepreneur’s visions on developments in horticulture technology, collaboration and expansion for the next decade. How will greenhouses, resilient growing systems & climate solutions become more valuable for our growing world population?
- How can advanced knowledge, networks and horticultural technology help to realise sustainable production increase in changing and challenging conditions?
- How ‘The Netherlands” support innovation, developments and international sustainable production increase in the horticultural sector.
- Value chain developments: How do artificial intelligence and block chain technology facilitate consumer oriented growing?
"The Netherlands is a small, densely populated country, with more than 1,300 inhabitants per square mile. It’s bereft of almost every resource long thought to be necessary for large-scale agriculture. Yet it’s the globe’s number two exporter of food as measured by value, second only to the United States, which has 270 times its landmass. How on Earth have the Dutch done it?"